Here is our process for interpreting appointments:
- Contact us. Tell us about your interpreting needs, including: What language and dialect? When (date and time)? Where? What type of interpreting (medical, legal, conference, etc.)?
- We will identify an interpreter whose skills and availability match your needs and contact you to confirm the appointment.
- Meet the interpreter upon arrival to the assigned location. The interpreter will begin when all parties are ready.
- Your interpreter will arrive with a confirmation form, including “time-in” and “time-out” and feedback sections, so please be sure to send it back to us!
- Remit Payment. You may pay with cash, check, purchase order or credit card at your convenience.
Shawn Lindholm, Manager
Thanks to our connections with interpreter training courses and certificates, the Translation Center draws from a pool of interpreters who are prepared for community interpreting situations (depositions, medical appointments, etc.) as well as conferences. Our interpreters frequent all parts of the Pioneer Valley and are increasingly present in the rest of Massachusetts and neighboring states.
In addition to sending individual interpreters, we provide telephone interpreting services as needed, and can assist in setting up a conference interpreting session. Although we draw from a large talent pool, the on-site nature of interpreting assignments means that the more notice we have for a hard-to-assign job in a rare language or one complicated technical requirements, the better the odds. Please contact us early!